Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 35 - The heat is back!

We hit 36C today and it's suppose to be even warmer tomorrow! :) The kids worked on their schoolwork while David & I ran out to do a few errands and pick up some much needed groceries! I know I say it repeatedly, but I cannot get over how much cheaper groceries are here! We enjoyed lunch outside and then everyone was ready to close the books and get in the pool! The rest of the afternoon was splashing around, playing in the pool and laying in the sun.
We enjoyed another evening BBQ - Megan said it was the best steak she's ever tasted (I'd have to agree!)... way to go DADDY!!
We went out for a warm walk (it was still 31C at 7pm) and then an evening swim & hot tub.
What a great day!
Sarah thought these empty pods were very interesting.... and wanted me to take her photo :)
These wispy trees are very interesting in the neighborhood & they are loaded with these yellow/red flowers.

1 comment:

  1. I'm BACK Jennifer and family! I tell you.....not having my computer for these weeks has been slightly bothersome. But I've caught up on your trip and pictures.....and I tell you...some of them don't even look real. In fact there were a bunch that I thought.......there's no way....and then there was a picture with your kids in it, so I figured out that they were real. You are sure getting to enjoy some of God's beautiful creation. Love the sunset and moonlight pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete